Skippack Animal Hospital

Health & Travel Certificates

Travel is exciting! But traveling with your pet can be a chore if you do not prepare. Avoid the headache and ruined vacation and follow some simple steps before you travel with your pet.

Traveling With Your Pet

Check with where you are heading and be sure of their pet policies. Some states require a Rabies titer before you enter the state. So it’s important to know what you need and keep all veterinary health documents on hand during travel.

As soon as you know you'll be traveling internationally with your pet, schedule a visit to obtain a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. Dr. Martell is federally accredited to examine your pet to ensure he or she is healthy enough for travel, disease-free, parasite-free, and current on all necessary vaccinations. Please be aware, most airlines require proof of veterinary inspection within 10 days of travel.

You will also need to check specific USDA pet travel regulations, which vary based on your destination. For this reason, we urge you to plan in advance to avoid travel delays and any inconveniences!

Join the Skippack Animal Hospital Family Today!

Located on Rt 73 (Skippack Pike). The hospital is less than half a mile from Skippack Village and Skippack Creek.

Phone: 610-584-6300

Send Us A Message!

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: